• Audition Video or In Person (see below)
• Download Application/Scholarship Packet for all information below plus needed forms.
• Assemble and mail a complete program application as instructed on Application Checklist in the Application/Scholarship Packet.
1. Application Form
2. Non-Refundable Processing Fee, one per applicant
$25 if postmarked by February 12 (Priority Deadline for Video Applications, all programs)
$40 if postmarked by March 18 (in-person audition may occur after this date)
$50 if postmarked after March 18 (reviewed as availability permits)
3. Written Statement (2 copies, typed, 1 page maximum) Title with your name and describe:
(a) current course of study and/or artistic work
(b) career aspirations
(c) experiences desired/needed to reach these goals
(d) name, title, phone, and email for two dance artists or teachers who can speak about your work
4. Résumé/Vita (2 copies, typed)
5. Photo (label each copy with your name)
For Ballet: Full-length first arabesque, women on pointe (2 copies)
For Improv Traditions & Innovations and Contemporary: Full-body preferred; headshot accepted (2 copies)
6. Support Documentation
• If 17 or younger: Ask one current teacher for a recommendation letter describing:
(a) technical and performance artistry
(b) stamina to participate in rigorous, professional level classes and rehearsals
(c) ability to live and interact responsibly as an adult professional in a diverse artist community
7. Scholarship Application, if applicable; must be attached to Program Application
AUDITION - VIDEO
Online video auditions are accepted for all programs to ensure that any dancer can be considered for acceptance, regardless of ability to attend an in-person audition, master class, or workshop. Check How to Apply to ensure your application is complete, as only complete applications are reviewed.
Organize video audition as follows:
1. Verbal self-introduction, 1 minute maximum; use same name as written on Application Form.
(a) Ballet, Contemporary, and Musical Theatre Dance: include center floor grand pliés, ronds de jambe, extensions, and balances.
(b) Ballet, Contemporary, and Musical Theatre Dance: include across-the-floor progressions with turns, jumps, and leaps.
3. Performance sampler, 10 minutes maximum:
Provide a table of contents identifying name of works and choreographers for 2-3 variations, improvisations, and/or repertory excerpts. Demonstrate a range of dynamics, levels, tempos, and styles Preferred if shot in the studio vs. performance footage.
4. Vocals for Musical Theatre Dance:
Sing 16 bars of two songs, from musical theatre works, using only the microphone on video camera.
(a) Upload content to YouTube or Vimeo video hosting website.
(b) Draft email with footage link. Test your video link; if link or password fail to work, the application is considered incomplete.
(d) Print a copy of the SENT email and attach it to your Application.
AUDITIONS, MASTER CLASSES & WORKSHOPS - IN PERSON
AUDITIONS $15, cash only
Audition video required; priority consideration if received by February 12.
Open to advanced dancers, ages 15 and up. $15, cash only.
Improv Traditions & Innovations: From Ring Shout to Blues to Jazz
Open to curious choreographic-minded dance artists with strong performance skills, ages 18 and up. $15, cash only.
• Arrive in time to warm up prior to class or workshop start time and bring:
Led by an internationally-acclaimed choreographer, master classes feature musical theatre dance choreography and performance skills, followed by vocal coaching. $15, cash only.
Two award-winning choreographers plus a vocal coach/accompanist will lead a 4-hour workshop to sharpen dance and song performance and offer their professional insight during a Q&A session. Receive personalized coaching, tailored feedback, and strengthen your professional network. $35, cash only.
Audition & Apply
Each applicant must audition either In Person or
by Video. Audition requires parent signature on liability waiver if 17 years of age and under.
Please check back for the 2016 Application/Scholarship Packet to submit following the guidelines listed below.