Summer Intern Program Dates
May 24-September 1, 2016
Summer Intern Positions: Please click here for a list.
- Be a member of the team executing one of the world's most prestigious dance festivals.
- Experience a Festival environment offering world-class ballet, contemporary, cultural, dance/theatre, and jazz dance; more than 200 public events including artist talks, master classes, Community Program classes, open rehearsals, and free performances; access to one of the field's most valuable dance Archives; and professional advancement training in The School at Jacob's Pillow.
- Receive on-the-job training and experience working with the Festival's professional arts administration, documentation, and production staff.
- Gain a broad perspective on the international performing arts field.
- Live in an international community of artists, faculty, scholars, staff, students, and intern peers for 3 dance-filled months.
- Enjoy the rich heritage of this National Historic Landmark in the beautiful Berkshires of Western Massachusetts.
- Staff-led seminars
- Training and mentoring
- On-campus housing
- 3 meals per day
- $500 stipend and a $150 travel/sundry expense allowance
- Free performances and dance classes
- College credit, work-study, independent study, and/or cooperative learning programs may be available through your school. Or you may register for college credit at Jacob's Pillow through our partnership with the Division of Continuing Education at the University of Massachusetts-Amherst. Check with your college registrar's office and department to determine whether these credits will transfer to your school. Credit fee information is available after May 1.
Priority Consideration: Application received by January 15
Consideration: Application received by February 12
Post-Deadline: After February 12, by availability only
For application and submission instructions, please click here.
Criteria for acceptance are the same for everyone without regard to race, color, gender, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, or veteran status. The Intern Program is part of The School at Jacob's Pillow, "J.R." Glover, Director of Education.
Summer Festival Intern Program
2016 Summer Festival Intern Dates:
Tuesday, May 24-Thursday, September 1, 2016
Priority Consideration: Application received by Jan 15
Consideration: Application received by Feb 12
Post-Deadline: After Feb 12, by availability only