Please carefully follow all instructions. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
2) One Cover Letter explaining:
- a) why you wish to intern at Jacob's Pillow
- b) your qualifications and interests for the position(s) indicated on Application Form
- c) your goals and expectations for the internship
4) Two References, work-related: names, titles, phone numbers, and email addresses. Ideally these should be different from the people who wrote your letters of recommendation.
5) Two Letters of Recommendation, either attached (preferred), or note they are being sent directly from recommenders. Instruct recommenders to please:
- a) Attach letter in PDF file format. File names should be saved as applicant's:
LAST NAME_FIRST NAME_LetterofRecommedation (no spaces)
For example: SMITH_JAMIE_LetterofRecommendation
- b) Enter on email subject line the applicant's:
LAST NAME, FIRST NAME - Letter of Recommendation
For example: SMITH, JAMIE - Letter of Recommendation
- c) Email to address at bottom of page (below)
6) Support Materials, if requested for specific positions, such as writing samples and portfolios.
File name should be saved as LASTNAME_FIRSTNAME_Document (no spaces)
Send one email with all materials combined as one PDF attachment (see below). Support materials may be submitted as a separate document if necessary.
The total file cannot exceed 5 MB.
Enter on email subject line: LAST NAME, FIRST NAME - Internship Application.
For example: SMITH, JAMIE - Internship Application.
If you have any questions, please email address below (preferred) or call 413.243.9919.
- Fall/Winter/Spring Applications accepted on a rolling basis
- Summer 2015 deadlines Priority Consideration: Application received by January 16Consideration: Application received by February 13Post-Deadline: After February 13, by availability only
A PDF is an open standard for document exchange created by Adobe Systems.You can create a PDF using an existing program, online application or downloadable software.
To view and create PDF files, we suggest these resources:
- Download Adobe Reader http://get.adobe.com/reader/
- Free online convertor service http://www.freepdfconvert.com/default.asp
- Free downloadable convertor software http://www.pdf995.com/download.html
- Many office software suites including Microsoft Office 2007 and Open Office allow you to 'save as' a PDF.
- Microsoft Office 2007 you may need an add-in http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=9943
- Free multi platform office suite, Windows and MAC OSX http://openoffice.org
- Adobe subscription service with a yearly fee https://www.acrobat.com/createpdf/en/home.html
How to Apply: Internships
Jacob's Pillow Summer Internship Program Dates:
Tuesday, May 26-Thursday, September 3, 2015
Priority Consideration: Application received by Jan 16
Consideration: Application received by Feb 13
Post-Deadline: After Feb 13, by availability only
Fall/Winter/Spring Applications: On a rolling basis